Marshall Township needs you …YES, you!
As the effort continues to implement the recommendations of the Comprehensive Plan, on May 1, 2023 the Board of Supervisor passed Ordinance No. 488 creating an Environmental Advisory Council.
The Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) will be composed of five residents appointed by the Board of Supervisors for a three year term. At the direction of the Board of Supervisors, the EAC’s duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identify environmental problems and recommend plans and programs for the promotion and the conservation of natural resources and for the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment within the Township;
- Promote environmental programs;
- Review Township Ordinances related to environmental protection and offer suggested edits;
- Review proposed municipal or park development for purposes of rendering an advisory opinion as to the effect such development will have on the environment.
- The EAC may also identify to the Board of Supervisors environmental issues it recommends for review.
Does this sound like something you would like to be a part of? Positions are open to any Marshall Township Resident. Environmental knowledge and experience are not required but would be favorable. If you are interested in being on the new EAC, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14, 2023. Please share a little about yourself, why you are interested in a seat on the EAC and any environmental experience. The Board of Supervisors will schedule interviews after reviewing the submitted letters of interest.
If you have questions, please contact Nicole Hanson at the email above or at 724-935-3090 x209.